Djokovic Withdraws from Cincinnati

By Chris Oddo | Monday August 4, 2025

24-time major champion Novak Djokovic has pulled out of next week’s Cincinnati Open.

Tennis Express One Day Sale
Tennis Express One Day Sale

The three-time champion also withdrew from the event last year, and last played the event in 2023, when he defeated Carlos Alcaraz in an epic final that was one of the best in tournament history.

No reason has been cited for his withdrawal, but it is thought not to be related to a serious injury and he is expected to take his place in the US Open men’s singles draw, which commences play on August 24.

The 38-year-old, ranked sixth, will be bidding for his record 25th major title in New York. He is 392-54 lifetime at the majors, and 26-9 for the season.

Rune Working with Andre Agassi Ahead of Citi Open

The pair will reportedly spend three days together, according to a report by Stephanie Myles. Andre Agassi

By Chris Oddo | @TheFanChild | Saturday July 19, 2025

Holger Rune and Andre Agassi are spending some quality time together at the Citi Open in Washington, D.C.

Tennis Express

According to Stephanie Myles of Open Court, who shot the below video, the pair are to spend three days together prepping for the ATP 500 event.

According to Myles, the pair will spend three days together in the hopes that Rune can gain some insight from the eight-time Slam champion

The Dane has had both good and bad moments this season. Famously, he defeated Carlos Alcaraz in the Barcelona final. But he's only 22-14 on the season with the one title. He reached the round of 16 at the Australian Open and Roland-Garros, but lost in the first round at Wimbledon.

Agassi has been on the scene a bit in recent months, commentating for TNT at Roland-Garros for four days, and appearing on the Andy Roddick First Serve Podcast for an in-depth interview.

Venus Williams Set for Tennis Return in Washington DC.

All-time great Venus Williams is set to compete for the first time in 2025 at the upcoming Mubadala Citi DC Open.ATP Tour 500

By Erik Gudris | @atntennis | Friday, July 11, 2025
Photo credit: Rob Newell/CameraSport

Venus Williams is set to return to the courts this summer in Washington, D.C.

The all-time great and seven-time major singles champion received a wildcard into the upcoming Mubadala Citi DC Open, the only combined ATP/WTA 500 event.

“I'm excited to accept a wild card to the Mubadala Citi DC Open. There's something truly special about DC: the energy, the fans, the history," Willams said in a statement. "This city has always shown me so much love, and I can’t wait to compete there again!"

Williams, 45, has not competed in a professional tournament since the Miami Open last year where she lost in the first round to Diana Shnaider. Williams has been listed as inactive on the WTA tour website since then.

“We are so excited that Venus will be playing in the Mubadala Citi DC Open this year," said Mark Ein, Mubadala Citi DC Open Chairman. "She has inspired people around the world with her accomplishments on the court and her visionary impact off the court. I know how much it means to our DC fans and community to be able to watch her compete in person this summer.”

Earlier this spring, Indian Wells tournament organizers announced Williams would make her pro return there at the WTA 1000 event. However, Williams later denied that she had any plans to compete there. Williams provided commentary for TNT Sports at Roland-Garros back in May.

Williams last appeared at the DC tournament back in 2022.

Bublik on Shock Roland-Garros Win – “Sometimes in Life There’s Only One Chance.”

Alexander Bublik after surprising the tennis world, spoke with candor on reaching the Roland-Garros quarterfinals for the first time.Coach

By Erik Gudris | @atntennis | Monday, June 2, 2025
Photo Source: Roland-Garros Facebook

The mercurial, crowd-pleasing talents of Alexander Bublik has now earned him worldwide attention after his shock four-set upset win over No. 5 seed Jack Draper to reach the Roland-Garros quarterfinals for the first time in his career.

Bublik, 27, celebrated his unexpected 5-7, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 victory with tears in his eyes as he became the first Kazakhstani man to reach a Grand Slam quarterfinal in history.

"Sometimes in life there's only one chance, and I had a feeling that that was mine, and I couldn't let it slip," Bublik said in an on-court interview, after an extended standing ovation from the Court Suzanne-Lenglen crowd. "Standing here, it's the best moment of my life, period."

The final game of the match proved pivotal in more ways than one. Draper, still down a service break at 5-4, forced Rublev to serve for the match. Draper battled and held two break points, only to lose out on both. Rublev eventually closed out the game, and the match.

But Rublev admitted later on TNT Sports, if he had lost that game, he would likely have lost the motivation to try and win the match from there.

“I said to myself, if I'm losing that break, it's 7-5 6-2 max (in favor of Draper)," Bublik said. "I'm not gonna fight, because if you have this chance to make your first ever quarterfinal and you blow it. It's your fault. That's how I see it.”

Bublik, known for his unorthodox playing style, including underhand serves and trick shots, and rather cavalier personality, both on and off the court was not expected to be in the mix this fortnight in Paris. Though he’s reached a career high World No. 17, he’s currently ranked at No. 62.

Despite winning four ATP Tour titles in his career, 2025 has been a rough season so far. Before Paris, Bublik was 7-13 on the year.

Yet Bublik must have felt something good was coming for him in Paris after he earned a two sets from behind victory over No. 9 seed Alex de Minaur earlier in the second round. Bublik admitted he contemplated quitting tennis earlier this season after falling to the low 80s ranking wise.

While he previously complained about the clay court swing being too long, this year, he realized he needed to make an effort on the dirt to boost his ranking.

“I was eighty in the world. I was talking to my coach I want to quit tennis because I’m eighty in the world. It feels disgraceful for me,” Bublik said. “So I just said to myself, you have a gift, you gotta use your chances. If I have one, I'm gonna use it.

"I'm just gonna fight. I'm gonna try to play on clay and see how it goes and it worked like this, Because I had no room, you know, to cry. Because if you have room to cry, I always would take the cry, you know.”

Bublik added, “But when you have no options then it's that's how it works.”

Many tennis observers have questioned Bublik’s efforts on-court and off court throughout his career.

While Bublik confirmed he works hard off the court, he’s the first to admit that he prefers a “work/life” balance that includes his family. He can only speak for himself when it comes to determining what’s best for his life and career.

“There is no way around hard work. Don't get me wrong,” Bublik said in his post-match press conference. “I work hard, but on my terms, you know. I do what I'm capable of doing with my body, but I will not push through a knee injury in order to have, you know, a certain chance to win a certain match. So for me, there is no way around hard work. I have been working very hard, and I do work very hard."

Bublik, a proud father, added on TNT he tries to put tennis into perspective

“Tennis is fifty percent of my life, you know I have other part of being a dad, being a friend, which is have the same importance for me as being a tennis player," Bublik said. "So in this percent that I have as a professional athlete, I have to do maximum what my body is capable of.

"I'm not going to put my health on the line. I'm not going to be fighting through injuries. You know, if I have pain, I resign. I say thank you very much. I'm not going there.

"Because I prioritize my health a lot. And if you tell me, Sasha, you gonna win a Slam. But you can't walk at forty. I'm not going to take this. So then I have to work with the tools I have.”

Bublik next faces World No. 1 Jannik Sinner in the quarterfinals.