
Shelton's rise in the recent period has been truly significant

Shelton's rise in the recent period has been truly significant
It’s just about time for Jessica Pegula to return to the scene of her first major final. The World No.4 would like to head to the 2025 US Open with a little wind beneath her wings, but at the moment she can’t seem to get her feet off the ground.
The Buffalo native produced another head-scratching effort against 386-ranked Anastasija Sevastova on Friday in Montreal, dropping 12 of the final 15 games to make it just one win in four matches since the start of Wimbledon.
“It hasn’t been great, to be honest. I don’t really feel like I’m playing great tennis.”
— Jessica Pegula
Pegula was the two-time defending champion in Canada this week, but could not summon the confidence that took her to titles in Montreal in 2023 and Toronto last year.
For Pegula, who played and lost the final to Aryna Sabalenka at the US Open last year, it simply isn’t good enough.

“It hasn’t been great, to be honest,” the 31-year-old said on Friday in Montreal. “I don’t really feel like I’m playing great tennis. At times I am, but I feel very up and down, kind of sloppy, which I don’t like. It really bothers me. I’m kind of a perfectionist, so I don’t like having to say that.
“I feel like I’ve gone through phases in my career, a few tournaments, where I feel like that sometimes, and you have to figure out how to get out of it and not feel sorry for yourself or make excuses. I’ve got figure it out.”
Pegula still has time to right the ship. She’ll head to the Cincinnati Open next week, hoping to build momentum ahead of the final Grand Slam of the year.
She believes she needs to be a better problem solver, starting now.
“You have to do it in those moments in matches where you’re in that moment where you have to compete and figure things out,” she said. “I don’t think I’ve been able to do it great the last couple of matches, so hopefully going into Cincy I think that’s definitely going to be my main focus every single match is focusing on those big points and those big games because I do think I am playing some good tennis to get up in these matches, and there’s times where I’m reeling off six, seven really good games, and then it kind of falls away.
“So I’ve got to figure out how to kind of sustain that higher level against these good players.”
By Richard Pagliaro | Thursday, July 31, 2025
Photo credit: Brad Penner/USTA/US Open
Caroline Garcia plans a Queen City return before her final farewell in Queens.
The 31-year-old Garcia aims to plan next month’s Cincinnati WTA 1000 event in preparation for her final tournament at the 2025 US Open.

Garcia shared a brief video of her training with coach Bertrand Perret on Instagram Stories today. She captioned the video “Getting ready for Cincy tennis with my fave coach Bertrand Perret.”
It’s been a life-changing month for Garcia, who married long-time boyfriend Borja Durán in a beautiful and joyous ceremony earlier this month.
The happy couple shared exquisite images from their wedding ceremony on social media.
“The most beautiful day of our lives,” Garcia posted on social media.
The July 19th wedding comes nearly 13 months to the day after the couple announced their engagement.
Borja Durán is a Catalan university professor who has lived in Barcelona.
The couple launched their own podcast, The Tennis Insider Club, last year.
They’ve interviewed several stars, including Gael Monfils, Alize Cornet, Andrey Rublev and Victoria Azarenka for the podcast.
Former world No. 4 Garcia announced her intention to retire from the pro tour after the 2025 US Open in May. Garcia won 11 WTA singles titles, including defeating Aryna Sabalenka to capture the 2022 WTA Finals championship. Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic captured the Roland Garros doubles championship twice.
By Richard Pagliaro | Wednesday, July 30, 2025
Photo credit: Tim Clayton/Getty
Fans will feast on Grand Slam tennis and major culinary experience at the 2025 US Open.
The USTA today announced the menu for the US Open which features everything from pastrami to pizza to porterhouse steak to pastaRamen.
In a news release announcing its food and drink menu, the USTA highlighted some of the dining options fans can feast on in the food court and inside the stadiums:
Tennis fans can experience world-class Mexican hospitality through Dobel® Tequila’s exciting new culinary partnership with Oyamel by José Andrés Group, bringing together two masters of their craft to celebrate the rich regional diversity of Mexican cuisine and vibrant cocktail experiences inside the Dobel Tequila Club. Guests will enjoy various Mexican dishes, including Oyamel’s Taco Cochinita, made of Yucatán-style pit barbecued pork, achiote, Mexican sour orange and pickled red onion.
Making its US Open debut, pastaRAMEN will bring its unique Wafu Italian cuisine to the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in 2025. Led by James Beard-nominated Rising Star Chef Robbie Felice, pastaRAMEN will present fans with a bold fusion of Italian and Japanese flavors, meticulously prepared using high-quality ingredients and time-honored techniques. Originating as an invite-only omakase pop-up in New York, Miami, and Los Angeles, pastaRAMEN is now based in Montclair, N.J. It holds the distinction of being the first Italian ramen shop in the United States, taking inspiration from Kabenoana, a 1950s Tokyo restaurant whose name translates to “hole in the wall.”
Restaurateur Simon Kim, the Founder and CEO of Gracious Hospitality Management, the group behind the Michelin-starred COTE Korean Steakhouse in New York City’s Flatiron District, will return for his second year with a fresh twist to his beloved restaurant concept COQODAQ. Known for its elevated approach to Korean-inspired Better Fried Chicken, the revamped “CQDQ” will be located in Food Village and feature a curated menu of fan-friendly favorites, including the iconic nuggets. The original COQODAQ, featuring signature dishes such as “The Golden Nugget” — the renowned chicken nugget paired with caviar — will also be available to fans in the club level of Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Here’s a complete menu for the 2025 US Open:

Of course, if none of the above suit your taste buds (or your wallet) you can always travel outside of the gates to the hot dog and pretzel stand or ice cream concession located at the base of the boardwalk fans cross to reach the USTA-Billie Jean King National Tennis Center from the No. 7 train.
Alex de Minaur and Katie Boulter will partner in new US Open mixed doubles format.
By Richard Pagliaro | @TennisNow | Monday, July 21, 2025
Photo credit: Four Seasons
Venus Williams will celebrate the 25th anniversary of her maiden US Open crown returning to play Flushing Meadows.
Former world No. 1 Venus will partner good friend Reilly Opelka in next month's US Open Mixed Doubles event, the USTA announced today.
The 45-year-old Venus is set to play her first pro match in 16 months in Washington, DC this week.
A quarter century ago, Venus Williams defeated Lindsay Davenport 6-4, 7-5 to capture her first US Open singles crown. Venus successfully defended the US Open in 2001 when she defeated younger sister and 1999 champion Serena Williams 6-2, 6-4 in one of the most-widely viewed US Open women's finals.
Proving the couple that plays together, stays together, Australian No. 1 Alex de Minaur will partner fiancee Katie Boulter at the US Open.
"Yeah, we're definitely going to be keen to try and play if they allow us to and if they want us to," de Minaur told the media at Queen's Club last month. "If that's an option, then we'll definitely be up for it."
One of tennis' top glamor couples announced their engagement on December 23rd on social media.
Earlier this season, de Minaur shared earning "big bucks" to pay for the wedding is one of his driving forces on court these days.
“Realistically, what's driving me at the moment is trying to earn some big bucks for this wedding budget,” De Minaur told Tennis Channel in April. “That's the only thing on my mind—trying to win as many matches as I can, because I've started to look at venues and it's expensive. I can tell you that.”
Paula Badosa and Stefanos Tsitsipas, who have reportedly endeded their relationship, are no longer on the US Open Mixed Doubles entry list.
Given the US Open Mixed Doubles champions will earn $1 Million for capturing the 2025 US Open Mixed Doubles crown, that could be even more motivation for de Minaur and Boulter to join forces in Flushing Meadows and cover their wedding budget.
In total, 25 teams have now entered the event.
The competition will take place during US Open Fan Week on Tuesday, August 19, and Wednesday, August 20, at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, with $1 Million in prize money being awarded to the winning team.
Though Fan Week remains free, fans will need to buy tickets to watch the US Open Mixed Doubles.
The entry window will close on July 28th at 12:00 ET, at which time the top eight teams with the best combined singles ranking at the time will officially be in the field/draw via direct acceptance.
The remaining eight teams will be determined via wild card and announced on a date to follow.
The entry list for the 2025 US Open Mixed Doubles Championship includes the following teams:
Emma Navarro and Jannik Sinner
Amanda Anisimova and Holger Rune
Jessica Pegula and Tommy Paul
Jasmine Paolini and Lorenzo Musetti
Elena Rybakina and Taylor Fritz
Mirra Andreeva and Daniil Medvedev
Madison Keys and Frances Tiafoe
Aryna Sabalenka and Grigor Dimitrov
Iga Swiatek and Casper Ruud
Karolina Muchova and Andrey Rublev
Emma Raducanu and Carlos Alcaraz
Belinda Bencic and Alexander Zverev
Olga Danilovic and Novak Djokovic
Taylor Townsend and Ben Shelton
Sara Errani and Andrea Vavassori
Naomi Osaka and Nick Kyrgios
Katie Boulter and Alex de Minaur
Donna Vekic and Hubert Hurkacz
Gaby Dabrowski and Felix Auger-Aliassime
Demi Schuurs and Tallon Griekspoor
Katerina Siniakova and Marcelo Arevalo
Desirae Krawczyk and Evan King
Su-Wei Hsieh and Jan Zielinski
Iva Jovic and Jenson Brooksby
Venus Williams and Reilly Opelka
“In our initial discussions about reimagining and elevating the US Open Mixed Doubles Championship, we wanted to find a way to showcase the world’s best men and women competing with and against one another, and we were confident that we would be able to get the top players in the game excited about this unique opportunity,” said Lew Sherr, CEO and Executive Director, USTA. “Seeing the teams that have already put their names on the entry list makes us all incredibly excited.
"It shows that the players are behind what we are trying to do, and we know that the fans will love it.”
Player entry lists are based on the July 14 ATP and WTA rankings.
By Chris Oddo | @TheFanChild | Tuesday July 15, 2025
The US Open has released the men's and women's singles entry lists for the 2025 US Open.
Click the links to view the full entry lists: Men's Singles | Women's Singles
World No. 1s and reigning US Open singles champions Aryna Sabalenka and Jannik Sinner lead their respective fields, with 18 total former Grand Slam singles champions, including 10 former US Open champions on the list.
The United States leads all nations with 30 players (16 women and 14 men) earning direct entry into the tournament.
Nine players are using special or protected rankings, including Petra Kvitova (No. 14), Nick Kyrgios (No. 21) and Sorana Cirstea (No. 37).
Both the men's and women's entries were based on the July 14 rankings. The women's cutoff was No. 99 Mayar Sherif, while the men's cutoff was No. 101, Alexander Shevchenko.
Main draw play begins on August 24 in Flushing Meadows, while qualifying week kicks off on August 18.