Tennis Channel and ITF Extend Media Rights Agreement

By Richard Pagliaro | Monday, August 4, 2025
Photo credit: Matt McNulty/Getty for ITF

Tennis Channel will remain your television ticket to Davis Cup and Billie Jean King Cup competition.

Under the new multi-year agreement, Tennis Channel will remain the exclusive U.S. home for both tournaments continuing a relationship that began in 2009, TC and the ITF said in a joint announcement issued today.

Austria

The extension runs through 2027 for the Billie Jean King Cup and 2028 for the Davis Cup.

“The extension also marks a significant expansion of Tennis Channel’s international reach, with rights to broadcast in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the United Kingdom,” TC announced.  “Additionally, rights for the Billie Jean King Cup have been secured in Spain – a new and important market where interest in women’s tennis continues to see strong growth.”

The Billie Jean King Cup Finals will be contested in Shenzhen, China, September 16-21st. The Davis Cup Final 8 is set for Bologna, Italy, November 18-23rd.

“For many years Tennis Channel has helped bring the World Cup of Tennis to millions of people around the world and this extension is great news for both Billie Jean King Cup and Davis Cup,” ITF President David Haggerty said. “We look forward to continuing to work alongside Tennis Channel to continue this growth for years to come.”

Belgrade ATP moves to Athens because of Novak Djokovic

Athens

ATP has made surprising announcement in these hours. The Belgrade Open – scheduled from 2 to 8 November – has been moved from the Serbian capital to Athens (Greece) and will be held at the legendary OAKA Basketball Arena, where Panathinaikos usually plays. Given that this tournament is run by Novak Djokovic's family, it is not difficult to speculate that the talks between the 24-time Grand Slam champion and current Serbian president Vucic are behind this decision.

The former world No.1 is set to move to Greece immediately after the US Open – which will take place in New York from August 24 to September 7 – and is expected to play in Athens in November, at least according to Serbian media reports.

The Serbian legend spent his holidays in Croatia and Greece after the defeat against Jannik Sinner in the semifinal of the Wimbledon Championships and is expected to return to action at the Cincinnati Masters 1000, after deciding to skip the Canadian Open that is being played in Toronto these days.

Latest news on Djokovic

Nole's main goal is to be at the top of his shape for the start of the last Major of the season, in which he will try to triumph for the fifth time in his career. The 38-year-old from Belgrade has reached the semifinals in the three Grand Slam tournaments played so far this season, but struggles to compete against Jannik Sinner and Carlos Alcaraz in the best five-set matches.

Novak had a small muscle issue during Wimbledon and was not at the top of his shape against Sinner, but he is perfectly aware that his body cannot support him as in the past at this point in his career.

Djokovic's last triumph in a Major dates back to the 2023 edition of the US Open, when he defeated Ben Shelton in the semifinals and Daniil Medvedev in the final.

FITP president Angelo Binaghi discusses Jannik Sinner's legacy

Angelo

The rise of Jannik Sinner has contributed to the greatest extent to the success of Italian tennis, which has entered a new dimension after so many years of anonymity. The current world number 1 has recently become the first Italian player ever to triumph at Wimbledon, a truly exceptional achievement that represents the result of a long journey made by him and his team.

The 23-year-old from Sesto Pusteria is undoubtedly the best player in the world together with Carlos Alcaraz, with whom he is creating an electrifying rivalry, and he is never satisfied by always looking for new ways to improve his game. The four-time Grand Slam champion can win one of the best tennis players of all time if he continues to work in this way and his focus is already directed towards the US Open scheduled in New York at the end of the summer.

Binaghi pays tribute to Sinner 

After choosing to skip the Toronto Masters 1000, Jannik is set to return to action in Cincinnati, a tournament where he won last year despite all the stress associated with his doping case. Sinner's goal is to refine his shape in view of the US Open, the last Major of the season, in which he will have to defend his title.

In an interview with 'Sky Sport Italy' during an event, FITP president Angelo Binaghi paid tribute to the current world number 1: "In addition to being an extraordinary champion that the whole world envies us, Jannik transmits a positive example and improves the image of Italy abroad. He is a boy of humble origins from a family of sound principles, which taught him the right values. When he gets a huge win, his first thought is back to work to improve even more. He has become the driving force behind an entire generation of young talent."

The Italian star also wants to shine in the second half of the season, in which there are tournaments that are very suitable for his game. It is no coincidence that Jannik had been dominant in the last months of the year in both 2023 and 2024.

Donald Trump caught cheating in Scotland?

author

A new video, filmed during Donald Trump's recent trip to Scotland, revives accusations of cheating, a habitual practice by the former US president on the golf course. In the viral footage, Trump can be seen slowing down in his golf cart while a caddie in front of him discreetly throws a ball behind him. This less-than-discreet "replacement" is in total contradiction with the fundamental rule of golf: play it as it lies.

This gesture, described by many as revealing, reinforces an already well-established reputation. Sports writer Rick Reilly, author of the book Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump (2019), already saw it as a metaphor for the political figure: incapable of separating real performance from showmanship.

Trump, news

This official trip, estimated at nearly $10 million for American taxpayers, included stops at his two Scottish resorts and the inauguration of a new 18-hole course in Aberdeenshire.

A tour that blends diplomacy, personal leisure, and image strategy, which has drawn fierce criticism from across the Atlantic. On the ground, the former president's visit did not go unnoticed, and neither did his practices on the green.

The Rules of Golf are a set of standards and procedures by which the sport of golf should be played. They are jointly written and administered by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, the governing body of golf worldwide, except in the United States and Mexico, which are governed by the United States Golf Association. An expert committee composed of members of the R&A and the USGA oversees and refines the rules every four years. The latest revision took effect on January 1, 2016. Amendments to the Rules of Golf are generally divided into two main categories: those that improve understanding and those that reduce penalties in certain cases to ensure balance. The rulebook, entitled "Rules of Golf," is published regularly and also includes rules governing amateur status. In Italy, the Italian Golf Federation is responsible for overseeing competitions by enforcing the rules issued by the R&A, ensuring that these rules are observed by clubs, associations, and their members, and managing the resulting sporting justice, protecting their interests abroad.

Kick Start: Djokovic Invests in Football Club

By Richard Pagliaro | Friday, August 1, 2025
Photo credit: Rob Newell/CameraSport

Novak Djokovic is kicking in a new investment.

The Grand Slam king has invested in the Le Mans football (soccer) team, Le Mans FC announced today.

basketball

Former world No. 1 Djokovic joins Georgios Frangulis, the Brazilian businessman owner of Oakberry best known to tennis fans as Aryna Sabalenka’s boyfriend, former Formula 1 drivers Felipe Massa and Kevin Magnussen and South American sports investment firm OutField as new investors in Le Mans FC.

“Novak Djokovic, tennis legend and the most successful player in history, whose mental strength and unique approach will add considerable value,” Thierry Gomez, Le Mans FC owner and president said in a statement.

“We have to be aware that the economic model of football has changed, with a tightening of the elite and the arrival of new investors,” Le Mans FC owner Gomez said. “To exist in this new context and hope to continue to grow, we have no choice but to adapt, because our ambition remains the same: to fill the stadium and share beautiful emotions together, like in our last match against Versailles.

“That’s why I’m pleased today to announce the arrival of our new financial partner: OutField, the leader in sports investment in Latin America, and Georgios Frangulis, founder and CEO of OakBerry. They have the particularity of being a Brazilian investment fund. You know my love for the game… and who better than the Brazilian team symbolizes, in the world of football, the beautiful game?

“The particularity of this fund also lies in its contribution to high-level athletes. Thus, Novak Djokovic, Felipe Massa and Kevin Magnussen will be part of the adventure.”

Djokovic, who comes from a family of champion skiers, is also a skilled soccer and basketball player. He’s shared his soccer skills both in pick-up games with fellow pros on the Indian Wells grass and in charity football matches.

The 38-year-old Serbian superstar is also good friends with WTA world No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka and her boyfriend, Georgios Frangulis. During Wimbledon, Sabalenka shared Djokovic has given her advice on coping with the pressures of world No. 1.

The 24-time Grand Slam champion jokingly jabbed Sabalenka in an Instagram post yesterday as he reposted images from his GQ phot shoot captioned “this is how you strike a pose Aryna Sabalenka.”

Donald Trump’s golf course debut and Scottish minister meeting on same day

Aberdeen

Donald Trump's arrival in Scotland caused a barrage of reactions from the public. Citizens of Scotland were not particularly open about his arrival at the golf course in Turnberry, but also about Trump's visit to Scotland in general.

The American president arrived in the European country to meet with Ursula von der Leyen, as well as British Prime Minister Keir Starmer and Scottish Prime Minister John Swinney. 

Trump is scheduled to meet with Swinney on Monday and will officially open the second golf course on his Aberdeenshire property at the same time.

The citizens of Scotland are not the only ones who raise their voice, as the citizens of the US are equally frustrated with the politics of the Republican leader. His excessive focus on golf and ignoring construction is where the deepest frustrations lie. 

Trump arrived in Scotland on Friday night, heading to Turnberry. 

His arrival at Turnberry caused a lot of reactions, and the police primarily wanted to ensure Trump's safety with military and police forces. 

A security checkpoint has been set up in front of the hotel, and a tall fence now surrounds the course.

Major Scottish cities such as Aberdeen and Edinburgh saw protests in response to the US president’s visit.

Trump is expected to return on Tuesday, but it remains to be seen how his visit to Scotland will end; and whether he’ll be able to connect with key European political figures.

Trump's moves: The future of the world is in his hands

The republican leader created real chaos in the world with his tariffs, which did not cause the approval of citizens around the world, as well as important political figures. Although Trump is ready to negotiate and find a common language, it seems that the majority is outraged by his actions and desire to dominate.

In addition, most believe that Donald Trump is focused more on golf than on serious political issues that could define the future of the planet.