Justin Rose opens up about sickness ahead of FedEx St. Jude Championship

Courier, Postal, Air Freight & Land-based Logistics (NEC)

Justin Rose was ill before the FedEx St. Jude Championship. He was reportedly feeling unwell and had a fever before the tournament began. As a result, he missed Wednesday's pro-am and did not play a practice round at TPC Southwind before the tournament began. 

Despite this, the great golfer excelled in the first round, posting a 64, and in the final round he showed that giving up was not an option, winning against Spaun in a dramatic playoff. 

The mental strength that Rose showed can be an example for other golfers. 

Speaking to the media after the tournament, the Englishman stressed that he did not feel great before the tournament began. 

Rose revealed what his preparations were like; Everyone thought he would experience a real fiasco at this tournament, but on the contrary, he triumphed and showed that there is no obstacle for him.

"Yeah, it was a weird one. Monday night started to not feel 100 percent. Tuesday I came out and did some practice, didn't actually get on the golf course, didn't feel like playing nine holes was actually going to be helpful, so I just walked a couple of holes. I think we walked 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, and by the time I did that, I was like, just get me to the car. I was hoping to sleep it off. Woke up Wednesday morning kind of even worse. My resting heart rate was like 80, and it's normally mid 50s.

I remember pushing myself through a pro-am earlier this year in Philadelphia and actually ended up withdrawing from the tournament by Saturday. So I tried to learn that lesson and I pulled out of the pro-am, unfortunately, on Friday, and — sorry, on Wednesday, and was able to get a lot of rest in that day and sleep.."- he said.

Justin Rose reveals the details

The experienced golfer revealed that by Thursday, he felt pretty reasonable. Looking back at this tournament, Justin believes that a few days less in the heat and on the golf course could help him to be mentally fresher. 

Rose admits that he did not expect to find himself in this position on Wednesday morning, but once again it was shown how unpredictable golf is. 

Rose can be an example for everyone; The hunger and desire for success does not diminish, even in the late playing years.

Webb Simpson backs Rory, says players shouldn’t be forced to play all tournaments

East Lake

Rory McIlroy's decision to miss the first part of the FedEx Cup playoffs at St. Jude Championship did not meet with positive reactions from the public, but also colleagues, as well as important figures of the golf scene. 

A Northern Irish golfer took advantage of a loophole in the law, deciding to take a rest. 

Although some reacted strongly, Rory hinted at such a decision last year, saying that he probably won't play the same number of tournaments this year. 

An experienced golfer is focused on the recovery process after difficult and demanding tournaments, and luckily missing this tournament will not bring him negative consequences. 

Among the important figures of the golf scene is Webb Simpson, who shared his view of the situation in an interview with Golf Week. 

Simpson is someone who emphasizes free will in the world of golf, aware that it is difficult to get someone to play tournaments regularly.

"I think it's too hard of a thing to make guys have to play," Webb Simpson said, as reported by GolfWeek

"We're still a sport where you can play when you want to play."

Rory's season

After winning the Masters this year, Rory's form was not particularly promising. However, not long after, Rory showed some of the brilliance that we expected, and it seems that he is well on his way to lifting the trophy again. 

Rory will not lose anything by missing this tournament, considering that he has a huge advantage over others. 

Simpson recalled one part of his career, stressing that he made the same decision, wanting to rest.

"I knew I couldn't fall more than one spot and I thought losing one stroke at East Lake was worth a week of rest because I was toast," Simpson said. "I don't know Rory's reason but I totally get it. It's a hard to thing to fix."- he said.

The 35-year-old showed that the reactions of the public are not particularly important to him, probably knowing that the public will react in this way.

Why Billy Horschel feels uneasy at Augusta National

Augusta

Talking about the importance of the Masters is redundant, as for many it is the most prestigious golf competition in the world. Most golfers are highly motivated to participate in this tournament, fully aware of its importance and prestigious reputation.

Billy Horschel is one of the golfers who has played in this tournament for years, but has never excelled in this tournament. 

Fans wondered what was the reason for Horschel's lackluster games, and the experienced golfer revealed what it was all about in an interview with the media. 

Billy admits that he feels quite anxious playing in this tournament, admitting that he does not feel comfortable at Augusta National.

“I get excited, I get anxious. The most nervous I ever get is the four tees shots, rounds one, two, three and four at Augusta. That first tee shot is the most nervous I am anywhere, ever.

I was nowhere near as nervous at The open Championship last year at Royal Troon on Sunday when I was leading waiting to tee off as I am at Augusta.

Me and Augusta have never got on very well, I’ve never shot sub-70 there and I just feel like one swing at the wrong time you’re in the worst spot you could possibly be.

I just think the comfort level, I’m not nearly as comfortable on that golf course.”- he said.

Modifications

As a golfer who belongs to the very top, it is clear that he will have to change something in his game, but it seems that it would be even more necessary to have a different mindset when it comes to this tournament. 

It is obvious that the strong pressure before this tournament, as well as the expectations, bring negative consequences for Horschel. 

In his words, you can feel that Billy has given up on this prestigious competition, which he admits is of great importance.

Joel Dahmen fires 9-under 61 to grab Wyndham Championship lead

Alex Noren

Joel Dahmen, a 37-year-old US player, has a serious challenge ahead of him, as he wants to qualify for the PGA Tour playoffs. The seasoned golfer had an impressive day, finishing the round with three consecutive birdies for a 9-under 61. 

The American golfer has a one-shot lead over Alex Noren. 

The popular golfer is motivated to jump another step in his career, aware that the first 70 on the FexExCup list will have many privileges. 

After the end of the first round, the experienced golfer shared positive emoticons, aware of what such a great result would bring him.

Joel Dahmen's ambitions 

However, Dahmen does not want to focus too much on the next days or think about the result, as he wants to primarily play a great tournament.

“I mean, I've had like three top twos in my career — I don't know, four of them, maybe? I mean, it's not even a thing, right? Yeah, great to make the Playoffs, that would be unbelievable, give me a lot of time off this fall. We’ve got a baby coming so that would take some pressure off of that.

The Playoffs are a bonus for me. I’m just going to go out and try to play good golf, and I guess if I play really well, then I get to play another week.”- he concluded, as quoted by the PGA Tour.

The first 50 after the first Playoff tournament will have a guaranteed entry into all Signature events worth 20 million dollars, and there are many who have a strong motive to reach such a position. 

This tournament also brought disappointment for some more experienced names, but today they will have the opportunity to improve their impression.

It will be interesting to follow Dahmen and see if he can really maintain his leadership position at one of the important PGA tournaments.

Tiger Woods gives son Charlie freedom but keeps strict financial rules in place

Charlie

While some think that Tiger Woods is giving Charlie, his son, too much freedom, it seems that things are not what they seem. Tiger has emphasized several times so far that he does not want to interfere too much in his son's life, believing that Charlie should build a career on his own, and primarily enjoy golf. 

The famous golfer is aware of the amount of pressure his son is under, and that is one of the reasons why the experienced golfer gave Charlie a dose of freedom. However, the 49-year-old has set somewhat different rules in other spheres of life. 

According to the US media, Tiger has set strict financial rules for Charlie before he can receive part of his property. 

Throughout his long career, Tiger earned a huge amount of money both by winning famous tournaments and through sponsorships. 

According to Forbes, Tiger Woods' fortune is about 1.3 billion dollars, and it is clear that his son and daughter will inherit that money. 

According to the British media, Charlie and his sister have trusts in their names worth 20 million dollars each, and the 16-year-old even got two luxury properties! 

However, Charlie’s access is quite limited, as he will only have the right to the property once he turns 21.

On the other hand, there is no doubt that Charlie will also earn huge money in the future, mostly through sponsorships, but probably also through his golf career. 

Will he be equally brilliant on the golf course?

It is difficult to give the right answer as to whether the teenager will make a name for himself in the world of golf, but experts and fans are convinced that Tiger's son can be at least partially as good as his father.

The public is closely following his development and his performances at junior tournaments, where it seems that the 16-year-old has serious potential. 

An important thing in his career will be distance from pressure, and we will see if Charlie will manage to distance himself from cameras and public pressure.

Padraig Harrington fires 65 to take command at Senior Open

Bob Charles

Padraig Harrington showed his superiority in yet another tournament, playing a brilliant third round with five birdies and one bogey for a total of 65 shots, finishing the day 13 shots under par. 

While Harrington has impressed the public with his qualities for the umpteenth time, it seems that he is a bit scared by the bad feeling on the golf course. 

The experienced golfer hopes to keep the lead and finish the final day in style.

“I don’t feel very good about how I’m hitting the ball,” he said, as quoted by Golf Today.

“So trying to get away from that and not worry so much about that because clearly I’m scoring well.

Better off shooting 13-under par and not feeling so good about it than thinking you’re swinging it great and being level par.”

The 53-year-old is motivated to do great things at this tournament, aware that a serious task awaits him. The Irish golfer last celebrated at the US Senior Open last month, and it seems that he is currently the most dominant figure on the senior Tour. 

The Irish golfer hopes to win this tournament and join legends like Gary Player, Tom Watson, Darren Clark and Bob Charles, who won both the Open Championship and the ISPS HANDA Senior Open.

During his career, Padraig has shown that he is a golfer who really belongs at the very top, but many are amazed by his dedication and desire, as he is in his serious years, when many play this sport recreationally. 

Justin Leonard

Justin Leonard is a golfer breathing down his neck, taking second place with a score of 11 under par. 

Leonard is motivated to win this tournament, and such a victory would go down in the sport's history.

“To be in contention is something I shoot for every week, and I think we all do,” said Leonard. 

“To do it in a major championship then is another thing, and then to do it at the Senior Open here at Sunningdale, it’s been a special three days.”

Music on course? Westwood says he’s comfortable with LIV Golf’s new vibe

experienced golfer

Lee Westwood is currently playing at LIV Golf UK, and after the second day the experienced golfer finished with five strokes under par, 66.

The 52-year-old has been playing great lately, and it seems that with such performances many paths are opening up for him. Westwood has repeatedly emphasized his satisfaction with LIV Golf, the vision of this Tour, as well as his ambitions for the future.

Although there are some shortcomings, such as the lack of OWGR ranking points, optimism remains high among LIV officials and players.

In a media interview, Westwood, however, emphasized the music that was playing on the golf course yesterday, stressing that he has no problem with it.

Regardless of the fact that he is an experienced golfer, Westwood admits that his persona is open to change and adaptation. 

Lee is someone who puts an accent on innovations in the world of golf.

“Seemed appropriate, right?

Am I comfortable with it? Yeah, I don’t mind change and adapting. It’s people in general that don’t like change and adapting. People are used to the traditions and staying in their ways, their comfort.

But all sports have to adapt and change. I think golf is doing a great job of it through LIV, yeah.“- he said, as quoted by the Golfing Gazette.

Lee's future

Westwood has played solidly this season with 3 top 40 finishes, 3 top 25 finishes, and 1 top 10 finish. 

An experienced golfer can be delighted with this kind of performances, and there is no doubt that he will give his maximum to use the momentum. 

Regardless of his advanced age, his hunger and desire for success can be an example to others. 

He has a bright future ahead of him, and it will be interesting to see whether he can be a serious threat to his opponents at LIV Golf in the coming weeks.